Lightbound Studios is a small indie game development studio located in Los Angeles. It's first mobile title is called Star Chasers and is available for download at the App Store and Google Play.
We're currently working on an incredible VR title and are looking for talented developers to join our team.
Check out our open positions.
Star Chasers is an exciting action adventure runner for iOS and Android platforms. Download it on the App Store or Google Play.
For more information on Star Chasers, please see the presskit.
For any other game related matters, please email us at: StarChasers@LightboundStudios.com
Lead Gameplay Programmer
Lightbound Studios is looking for a Lead Systems and Gameplay Engineer who will be an essential part of developing our upcoming VR game(s). We are a small L.A. based game development studio who's incredibly passionate about making great games and leaving its enduring mark in VR gaming. The ideal candidate would have an immense passion for games and a complete understanding of game development process.
- Work closely with Game Director and Lead Designer to define and implement necessary systems.
- Write new gameplay systems and iterate on existing ones to improve functionality, memory usage, and performance.
- Develop tools and help shape the VR game dev pipeline.
- Write well-commented, maintainable, unit-tested code.
- Provide technical leadership to other members of the programming team.
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art software engineering methods, practices, and technologies.
- Minimum 5 years of 3D game programming experience.
- Excellent programming skills in C#.
- General knowledge of Python and C++ programming languages.
- Thorough knowledge of Unity Game Engine. Must have shipped at least one product developed in Unity.
- Comfortable with problem solving, debugging, troubleshooting bugs, profiling and optimizing for various game platforms.
- Understanding of DirectX and OpenGL.
- Skilled in 3D math and modern graphics pipeline.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers.
- Experience deploying to various VR platforms (PSVR, Oculus, Vive, Daydream, etc.).
- A deep love for games and VR.
- Knowledge of developing for online multiplayer is a huge plus.
- BS Degree in Computer Science.
Senior Game Designer
Lightbound Studios is looking for a Senior Game Designer who's passionate about gaming and is looking to forge the future of VR gaming. The ideal candidate enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to push the boundaries of cutting-edge hardware working in virtual reality. Unity is the primary development focus, but familiarity with other game engines is a plus.
- Communicate concepts and requirements to design team.
- Be an active and creative part of the design team with regards to mechanics, missions, best practices, and all other elements of the game design.
- Work closely with Game Director to design and create AI behaviors and combat mechanics all the way from inception, through prototyping, to completion and polish.
- Gameplay and experience tuning for pace, mood, user experience, and playability.
- Create game AI and Level assets for use across levels.
- Author and maintain gameplay, combat, and level design documentation including mechanics, UX, UI, game flow, level layouts, mission outlines, etc.
- Deep understanding of game design.
- Extensive knowledge of Unity game engine and C#.
- The ability to quickly prototype and design encounters from scratch.
- Experience documenting and communicating ideas to the team.
- Hacker Mindset – Creative problem solver.
- Attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both on a technical and creative basis.
- Self-motivated and willing to work within a schedule.
- Proven games industry experience, including a design credit on at least one published title.
- Ability to take feedback and communicate effectively with other team members.
- A deep love for games and VR.
- Experience with VR or AR.
- Working knowledge in Git or Perforce.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Game Design.
For additional information please email at: firstname.lastname@example.org