Based in Studio City, CA
August 1, 2014
Press / Business contact:
Lightbound Studios is a game development studio with a simple goal - to create high quality games for kids and those who are kids at heart.
The studio was founded in August 2014 by Artak Avakyan, a long-time video game developer who was responsible for many memorable cinematic moments in the God of War franchise. Artak worked on number of acclaimed AAA titles such as Medal Of Honor: European Assault, True Crime: New York City, God of War 2, 3, and Ascension. In June 2014 Artak left his position as Lead Cinematic Animator at Santa Monica Studio to open his own indie studio, Lightbound Studios and create his first solo mobile game project titled Star Chasers.
After so many years of developing games for mature audiences, Artak was determined to make a game that his 8 year old son could play and enjoy. So he left his job and dedicated all his time to developing Star Chasers. After more than a year of development, Star Chasers is available to download from Apple App Store and Google Play.
Star Chasers is a level-based 3D action adventure runner that progresses with every level unlocking new challenges, player abilites and powerups.
When Darkness failed to destroy the stars, instead the stars fall onto earth. Star Chasers must now rescue the fallen stars and return them to where they belong before Darkness and his minions collect and destroy them. The players will sprint through the city rooftops, perform amazing acrobatics, battle through obstacles, and take down enemies while rescuing as many stars as they can.
- Play With Friends! Challenge your friends to see who can take the top spot as the best Star Chaser.
- 40 Fun-filled Levels! Progress through many exciting and challenging levels with new mechanics, obstacles, and objectives.
- Characters With Unique Abilities! Some characters possess special unique abilities such that double jump or warping through obstacles.
- Ride On Your Enemies! Land on the Flyer (a specific type of enemy) and ride on top of them to gain speed, take down other enemies, and break through obstacles.
- Throw Stars! Throw stars at enemies to knock them down or break through obstacles.
- Unique Encounters! Battle through a lightning storm or struggle out of sticky traps.
- Star Speed! Charge your Star-speed Meter as you rescue the stars and using it strategically to zoom through any obstacle and complete the level.
- Powerups When You Need Them! Use your powerups anytime you need them.
- Learn About Star Constellations! The game progression map is an accurate representation or our star constellations. As you progress, you will uncover and learn about many of these constellations.
- Cool Acrobatics! Performing all sorts of incredible moves such as stomps, split second evades, vaults, wall-runs, swings, etc.
- Beautiful Audiovisuals! The game is crafted with gorgeous environments, charming characters with high quality animations, and beautifully composed and orchestrated music.
Star Chasers Gameplay Trailer YouTube
There are many other images available for The Star Chasers, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Lightbound Studios. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "One of Top 10 Games" - Global Top Round, May, 2015
- "At first glance it is unfathomable to think that a game of this quality game from the mind of a single man! However, with only a vision and an outer-worldly amount of Motivation Lightbound Studios has managed to craft one of the best runners I've ever played! Lightbound studios is definitely one to watch out for in the future, and 2016 will be the year of the Star Chasers!"
- PreLaunch.me, PreLaunch.me
- "Star Chasers is an imaginative, colourful 3D runner with all of the style and feel to transport you to another world! Action packed, this isn't your average running game."
- Global Top Round, GTR
DroidGamers Interview about Star Chasers
DroidGamers Interviews Artak Avakyan of Lightbound Studios about the soon to be released game Star Chasers droidgamers.com.
Featured on AppAdvice.com
Star Chasers featured on AppAdvice.com GamingSoon section. appadvice.com.
Additional Environment Artist
Additional Character Animator
Additional Character Artist